eBay Giveaway in association with Gamer Network Limited – Play an interactive Trivia Game and Win 1 of 10 Graded Avengers Comic Books
Terms and Conditions
Who are we?
- eBay Giveaway in association with Gamer Network Limited – Play an interactive Trivia Game and Win 1 of 10 Graded Avengers Comic Books (referred to in these Terms and Conditions as “the Prize Draw”) is offered to you by Gamer Network Limited, whose principal place of business is at 1-6 Grand Parade, Brighton, East Sussex BN2 9QB, United Kingdom, and whose registered office is at Gateway House, 28 The Quadrant, Richmond, Surrey TW9 1DN, United Kingdom (hereinafter, also known as “we” or “us”).
- We are the owner and publisher of a number of websites relating to subject matter of games and the games industry as well as a number of other platforms, including the bespoke microsite, custom-built for the playing of the interactive Trivia Game and the entering of the Prize Draw, located at http://ebay.gamer-network.net/ (referred to hereinafter in these Terms and Conditions as “the Microsite”).
- The Prize Draw is for ten (10) individual Graded Avengers Comic Books (“the Prize(s)”), each of the ten Prizes having been donated by eBay to us for the purpose of running the Prize Draw.
- We have only ten (10) Prizes to give away.
- For any queries or issues regarding the Prize Draw, please contact:
Tim Cotton, Head of Legal
Gamer Network Limited
28, The Quadrant
TW9 1DN, United Kingdom
- Alternatively email: firstname.lastname@example.org – we will endeavour to respond to email messages within three working days. What terms, conditions and rules apply to the Competition? These Terms and Conditions apply to the Prize Draw. You will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them upon entering the Prize Draw, which you do so by playing the interactive Trivia Game on the Microsite and supplying, as requested on the Microsite, your first and last name and a valid email address.
- If you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions, you may be excluded from access to the Prize Draw.
- You must be over 18 years of age at the date of entry in order to participate in the Prize Draw.
- The Prize Draw is open to anyone over the age of 18 anywhere in the world.
- Entry into the Prize Draw is only through the Microsite and only open to participants in the interactive Trivia Game (it is irrelevant how well you score in the Trivia Game) and all entrants must provide their first name and last name and a valid email address belonging to them.
- The Prize Draw opens at 05:00 hours Eastern Time on Thursday 7th October 2021 (“the Opening Date”) and closes at 17:00 hours Eastern Time on Thursday 14th October 2021 (“the Closing Date”).
- Unfortunately, the following persons are excluded from entering the Prize Draw and their entries will not be considered:
- employees of Gamer Network Limited or Reed Exhibitions Limited and any associated company of Reed Exhibitions Limited;
- employees of eBay and any associated company of eBay; and
- any person directly or indirectly involved in the running of the Prize Draw.
Prize Draw Guidelines
- Any entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted.
- We may, at our discretion, alter, amend, suspend or withdraw the Prize Draw without prior notice. We will not change the Closing Date unless forced to do so by unavoidable circumstances outside of our control. Any such changes will be indicated on the Microsite and it is your responsibility to check for any changes.
- There are ten (10) Prizes, each Prize consisting of one Graded Avengers Comic Book, as provided to us by eBay.
- he Prize cannot be exchanged for cash or any other equivalent.
How much will it cost me to enter the Prize Draw?
Entry is free of charge, subject to each entrant participating in the interactive Trivia Game on the Microsite and providing us with the details (first name, last name and valid email address) requested on the Microsite.
Selection of Winners
- On or around Monday 18th October 2021, ten (10) entrants will be drawn at random from the Prize Draw entries received from all qualifying entrants and each such selected entrant will become a winner in accordance with these Terms and Conditions (“the Winner(s)”). No entrant can win more than one Prize.
- If you are a Winner, we reserve the right to verify your eligibility and to check or validate your identity, age and email address. If you have been asked for proof of your identity and/or your eligibility, including your age, your failure to provide such proof within a reasonable time could result in your disqualification from the Prize Draw and a fresh Winner being selected. All personal details and information you supply must be truthful and accurate.
- Each Winner will be notified before 20:00 hours Eastern Time on Monday 18th October 2021 via the email address supplied to us, which notification will include redemption details of how such Winner claims the Prize.
- Each Winner, on acceptance, must notify us of their address so that the Prize can be despatched to such Winner by us. For the avoidance of doubt, eBay may receive copies of all entries and accompanying email addresses, strictly in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR and other relevant data protection laws.
- A Winner's failure to provide formal acceptance and/or an address could result in disqualification from the Prize Draw and a fresh Winner being selected at random.
- If you are a Winner, we or eBay may ask your permission to take your photograph or we may ask you to provide a photograph. Subject to receiving your consent, you authorise such photography and permit us or eBay to use your photograph, image and likeness for our own or eBay's own promotional purposes only in any media.
- We must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid Prize Draw took place. To comply with this obligation, we will send the surname and county or state of the Winners of the Prizes to anyone who emails us or writes to the address set out at the top of these Terms and Conditions (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month after the Closing Date of the Prize Draw. If you object to your surname and county or state being published or made available, please contact us at the email address at the top of these Terms and Conditions. In such circumstances, you should note that we must still provide the information and Winners' details to the Advertising Standards Authority, on request.
How will we use your personal details?
We will only use your personal details to operate the Prize Draw to verify your identity and eligibility, to notify you if you are a Winner, to share with eBay and to use your surname and county or state as well as, with your consent, your photograph for promotional purposes only.
We will delete all unsuccessful entrants' personal details as soon as the Winners have accepted their Prizes and we will delete each Winner's personal details as soon as their Prize has been accepted by and delivered to such Winner.
How far are we liable or responsible to you?
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions removes or limits our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for any liability which cannot be limited or excluded by law. These Terms and Conditions also do not affect the rights that are granted to you as a consumer by law. Otherwise, we will not be liable to you for any matter relating to the Prize Draw offered by us. We will also not be liable to you if you suffer loss or inconvenience because of the failures of persons or systems that we do not directly control – for example, mobile phone network operators, internet service providers, postal services, software providers and telephone traffic handlers.
The legal position of these Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions form a legally binding agreement between you and us. We reserve the right to change them and update them from time to time but, if we do so, we will post the changes on the Website. The Prize Draw is run and organised by us strictly in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 28th September 2021.